Expert Chain Planning Specialist – Capacity and Lifecycle Management
Product Lifecycle Management is pivotal to the successful development, launch and retiring of company’s products. A successful Product Lifecycle Manager is a natural leader and facilitator; is dynamic, driven, organized and detail oriented; excels in program/ project management; communicates with ease at all levels; thrives in an ambiguous environment and is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts.
The successful candidate will support the New Product Development plan for assigned key/priority products, in:
- Driving launch readiness with marketing engineering, operations and sales teams.
- Communicating system requirements and schedules to facilitate technical readiness with cross-functional supply chain teams.
- Influencing product manufacturability, testability, and supply chain responsiveness in pursuit of high service levels and maximum flexibility.
- Responsible for all supply chain new product activities associated to assure a flawless launch execution.
- Providing recommendations to optimize the Supply Chain strategy especially as part to of inventory management and business continuity (e.g. where to build products).
- Leads the cross-functional planning team and manages the development, roll-out, and implementation of new product introduction into Operations.
- Ensures alignment of launch forecast with finance and the budget, marketing and brand leaders, and sales teams.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities. Owns the product End of Life process minimizing component and finished goods obsolescence.
- Develop and lead tactical reporting and presentations cross functionally each week. Consolidates and standardizes inputs to the weekly TAC meetings
The successful candidate will also have a support role in the following:
- Provide business requirements for “Business Dashboards” with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and support company capabilities to measure and report them in an accurate, timely manner e.g. sku productivity analyses.
- Support medium to long term target service levels for assigned products.
- Manages relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding delivery performance.
- Planning capacity and managing component readiness to ensure part availability for product launch.
SCALE & SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
- US products
- Cross functional engagement within Planning and between Operations, Marketing, Product Engineering and Finance.