If you’re passionate about fashion and design, then we want to talk to you! The Clarks Group is seeking a talented Technical Designer for an amazing organization leading the apparel industry.
Your role as a Technical Designer will play an intricate part to the corporate Design and Merchandising teams within this well know organization. In this role, you will be taking responsibility for the technical development of new styles, fit approvals, and application of all quality standards relating to fit and construction to meet brand standards and requirements.
- Update and create new patterns according to the seasonal calendar.
- Prototype & fit evaluation
- Feedback to vendors for sourced styles with a request for subsequent prototypes
- Track new material development to ensure timing supports seasonal development.
- Creation/update of specifications for seasonal development in PLM.
- Conduct fit sessions (ensure garment preparation, select reference garments as a comparison, summarize fit comments).
- Sample tracking and organization
- Create competitive analysis reports via excel reviewing measurements, construction, and fabrics.
Experience and attributes preferred:
- Adobe Illustrator experience preferred.
- PLM or similar spec experience preferred.
- Microsoft Excel / Word / Powerpoint / Outlook.
- Patternmaking or Pattern Software preferred.
- Functional knowledge of technical fit and construction.
- Detail-oriented; ability to manage multiple priority projects and deadlines according to the seasonal calendar.
- Self-directed, individual contributor, ability to work independently.
- Subscribes to the highest level of business ethics.
To apply directly, please submit your resume with a link to your portfolio of work to: